We have over a foot of snow on the ground. I’ve been sick for almost a full week. It goes without saying(but I’m going to say it anyway) I’m going absolutely insane. In order to not go completely crazy, here is a list of things I’m really excited to do when the weather is warmer!
1 . Picnics-
When it’s warm, we use pretty much any excuse to eat outdoors. I keep at least one of these picnic blankets in the back of my car at all times. Just in case of an impromptu hang out.
Kayaking: There are so many parks and lakes within a 30 minute drive of my house. I’m not sure how I lived here for so long before learning. I went kayaking with the staff of the summer camp where I used to work, and I have loved it ever since. A kayak will probably be my first big selfish adult purchase.
Fishing: I get to go fishing maybe once a year. My goal is to go a lot more this year. My little cousins really love it; so, it’ll be good bonding with them.
Going to the beach: I haven’t been to the beach in multiple years. This is a crime and an injustice in my life, and I will NOT stand for it. I will go to the beach at least twice this year. Maybe even for my birthday. We’ll see.
5.Mountain sunsets: I live 5 minutes away from one of my favorite view of the mountains ever. I’ll be spending a lot more time just hanging out there enjoying the view and the warm weather…and maybe even the pool.
Welcome to confession time. I’d like to say I’m pretty good at giving advice. I am not, however, always good at taking it. This week I’ve had some forced lessons in some of those hard to follow directions.
1.REST: I’m really bad at resting. I always have some kind of noble reason not to. There’s always work to be done. Between 18 inches of snow(ew) and being sick all week, I have had no choice but to rest. My body and brain have obviously needed it. It took a trip to the ER on Friday night to finally give in. This was only after spending the day out with friends and prepping to go to an all day conference. Yeah, my version of resting is going to a youth ministry conference.
2. Taking a break: These things go hand in hand. If I’m working on something, I am not the “let’s put a pin in this and come back later.” I am the we’re going to finish this and it will be the best it can possibly be type of girl. If I’m going to start something, I want to finish it. I’m starting to learn that sometimes, the project isn’t yours to finish, and that’s okay.
So, because of these two things. You’ll see I’ll be ALLOWING MYSELF to get behind on where I wanted to be with blogging, book reading, and other tasks. Rest is more important than a self-made to do list.
So, back in January, I decided to be
delusional ambitious and make a lofty list of New Year’s Resolutions. You can read that post here! Here’s where I am at the end of February.
1. I have succeeded in washing my makeup off every day before I go to bed.
2. I have not read something from the Bible every single day.
3. I obviously have not journaled every day.
4. I have had real conversations with at least 3 people every day.
1. I think I missed doing laundry one week.
2. Purging stuff once a week was ambitious.
3. Blogging has gone pretty good! I think I’m still at least 1 week ahead.
4. I haven’t had a full intense with vacuum cleaning of the jeep, but I have definitely been intentional about taking things out of it.
1. I am almost done my second book. I started a Bible study that has a lot of journaling type questions and readings to go along with it- so it kind of counts. Maybe as a 1/2 point?
2. I am on track so far with mail. I need to send it for March. I have some stuff ready to go. I lost my fun sized mailing envelopes though. So the fun stuff has to wait.