And Just like that, 2016 is over. I haven’t been consistent in blogging since summer of 2014. I’ve had a lot of adventures, and I’m confident that 2017 will bring even more.
As always, a new year brings the haunting tradition of New Year Resolutions. This year, I’ve combined a few resolutions from years past with some other ideas that have been floating around incomplete.
Here they are: the daily, weekly, and monthly ideals for 2017.
1. I WILL wash off my makeup before going to bed. Every.Single.Day
2. I’m going to read something in the Bible, even if it is just a verse.
3. I am going to journal. I AM going to journal. (Prepare for future post about how I did NOT journal long term)
4. Text 3 people, even if it’s just to say hello.
1. Laundry: Yes. Even if I don’t HAVE to, I will. I will be less crazy because of it.
2. Clean Out/Purge: Some part of my life. I will get rid of things or donate them.
3. Blog: HA! Here we go. Once a week. Can I do it? Let’s find out. I genuinely miss writing, and this should help.
4. Clean out my car: Right now, I’ve claimed my mom’s former vehicle, a 2004 Jeep Patriot. I never thought I could love a car the way I love that neon. I was wrong.
1. I will read an entire book every month.
2. I will send someone something in the mail. Card, letter, present. Something. Last year, I even purchased a roll of stamps. They’re…somewhere. Never used.
It sounds ambitious, but we’ll see where it goes. More than anything, these will help me be a little bit less intense (the nice way to say ridiculously insane) and a lot more relaxed. Let’s see how far this goes!