Most of the time, I do my best to be the encourager of whatever group I find myself a part of. Sometimes, there’s nothing left you can say to motivate or encourage a person. That’s where music comes in. So, this will be my list of motivational songs. This is a no judgement zone. You hear that? Okay, good. In no order, here are some of my best motivational songs.
1. Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson: For real. If you really listen, this song will hit you. Hard. This is my automatic go-to motivational song. Most of my roles find me with high expectations of others. This song is a great reminder that “if you want to make the world a better place, you gotta look at yourself and make a change.”
2. “Be A Man” from Mulan: My collegiate chapter loved curling up and watching Disney movies after a long day. Mulan was one of the faves. Confession: I may or may not have played this in the chapter meeting room right before our regional consultant called in for our final accreditation check in. For the record, we were accredited with honors that year. 100% worth it.
3. “Lose Yourself” by Eminem: Remember, I said no judging. 8 Mile is one of my guilty pleasure movies. I don’t even know why. This would definitely appear on my exercising playlist.
4. “Beat it” by Michael Jackson: “Show them How Funky Strong Is Your Fight.” If that doesn’t pump you up, there’s no hope for you.
5.”Firework” by Katy Perry: I may not have ever felt like a plastic bag, but this is a really good song anyway.
6. “Legacy” by Sanctus Real: This song is a great reminder of why we do what we do. What do we want our legacy to be?
7. A billion songs by Britt Nicole. I don’t have the time to put that many links in one sentence;so, just look up her songs: “Welcome to the show”, “Gold” , “Breakthrough”, “Amazing life” , “How we roll”, Glow”, “headphones”, and “Ready or not”
8. “My Own Little World” by Matthew West. “What if there’s a bigger picture? What if I’m missing out? What if there’s a greater purpose?
That I could be living right now. I don’t wanna miss what matters” This is all about perspective.
9. ” Fight Another Day” by Addison Road. “Will you walk away when the fire gets hot or fight another day”
10. “It’s your life” by Francesca Battistelli. “Every day the choices you make- Say what you are and who your heart beats for “